Welcome to my greenwood wanderings

~come stay awhile, the lattes are steaming and the lap- blankets cozy~



meaningful jewelry~

August brought with it so many, many emotions for myself as a 'mama'.
Our youngest, Bria was leaving for Europe for the entire year.
As I stared at the August calendar I realized the other daunting emotion I was ignoring was that 'time seemed merciless'. I was staring in the face of that monster called 'fifty'. To embrace the realities 'I am now the mama of three amazing ADULT children' and 'I refuse to turn 'fifty' but I have no choice' felt dark&impossible. It was like my life had been stolen.
As I began to prayerfully work through my 'new reality' I once again found soltitude at our cabin. A verse I had learned as a five year old came to me as a fifty year old. ~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding~in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths~
I realized that He was asking me to acknowledge Him 'in my ways'. My ways as a mama of adult children, my ways as a wife to my amazing husband, my ways as a teacher of young children~~~and He promised to direct my way. The tangible promise had come.
My birthday had brought the blessing of parties&friendships, affirmation, and monetary gifts. I knew I needed to purchase something meaningful~ a tangible reminder my life still mattered and I would forever be their 'mama'.
Lisa Leonardo's line is hand designed, custom made jewelry. I chose a necklace with my favorite nickname for john engraved on the front 'johndav'~this was to represent the number one human in my life. I chose a ring with my children's name chiseled around it, zac, kelsea,and bria. To tangibly remind me I have opened my hands~~~let them go
~ because 'my ways as a mama are His'.






2 comments:

  1. Aunt Kay I really liked reading through this and thank you for sharing your journey and the way God's helping you through with reminders like that verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay,
    First off, Happy Birthday! :) I just found your blog and hope you update more often because I LOVED reading this post! Our middle daughter, Tawni has moved with her husband and son (my grandson) to Austria for 2 years for full time mission work. So I understand the sentiments you were describing in here only too well! Coincidently I just ordered from LISA LEONARD too...how funny? I ordered the 'treasure' necklace with two charms. One says: treasure and the other:family. :)

    May you be blessed today on this special day of yours and know above all else you are loved and worthy!
    melody olson
    melody-mae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete